Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. In Sàvatthi.
2. The Brahmin Ahimsaka Bharadvaja approached the Blessed One, exchanged friendly greetings and sat on a side.
3. Seated on a side the Brahmin Ahinsaka Bharadvaja said to the Blessed One: "Good Gotama, I do not hurt anyone."
4. "As your name is not hurting, live up to it. Good that you are not hurtful.
- If someone does not hurt by the body, words or the mind,
- He is not hurtful. He does not hurt others."
5. Then the Brahmin Ahinsaka Baradvaja said to the Blessed One: "Good Gotama, now I understand. It's like something overturned is put upright. Something covered is made manifest. It's like one who was lost was shown the path. It's like a lamp was lighted for the darkness, for those who have sight to see forms. In this and other ways the Teaching is well explained. Now I take refuge in good Gotama, in the Teaching and the Community of bhikkhus. May I gain the going forth and the higher ordination in the dispensation of Gotama."
The Brahmin Ahinsaka Bharadvaja obtained the going forth and higher ordination.
Soon after the higher ordination, venerable Ahinsaka Bharadvaja secluded and withdrawn from the crowd abode diligently to dispel and before long, for whatever reason sons of clansmen rightfully leave the household and become a hermit, that noble end of the holy life he realized, attained and abode. He knew, birth is destroyed, the holy life is lived, duties done, there is nothing more to do.
6. Ahinsaka Bharadvaja became one of the worthy ones.