Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. I heard thus. At one time venerable Anuruddha lived in a stretch of forest in the country of Kosala.
2. Then a certain deity named Jalini of the company of the thirty-three gods a previous wife of venerable Anuruddha approached him.
3. Approaching, said these stanzas:
- "Establish, your mind there, where you lived earlier
- In the heaven of the thirty-three, all sensual pleasures prosper.
- You will look beautiful attended by celestial nymphs."
4. "Celestial nymphs established in a self are fallen into unpleasantness
- And those who wish for celestial nymphs are also in unpleasantness."
5. "They that do not see Nandana, do not know pleasure
- It is the home of the king of gods, the fame of the thirty."
6. "Foolish woman, you do not esteem of the words of the worthy
- All determinations are impermanent, they rise and fade,
- Arisen, they cease, their complete surcease is bliss
- Jalini, I have no more settlements with heavenly bodies
- I have ended my journey in existences, there is no more rebirth for me."