Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. The origin is Sàvatthi.
2. Then bhikkhuni Cala putting on robes in the morning and taking bowl and robes entered Sàvatthi for alms. Going the alms round and after the meal, she approached the dark forest and sat under a certain tree to spend the day in seclusion.
Then Màra the evil one desiring to frighten bhikkhuni Cala approached her and said thus:
- "Bhikkhuni, what don't you approve?"
- "Friend, I do not approve birth."
- "Why don't you approve birth?"
- "The born enjoy sensuality."
- "Bhikkhuni, who taught you, `do not be pleased with birth?'"
3. "To the born there is death. Unpleasantness touches the born,
- In the form of bindings, killings and misery, therefore I disapprove birth.
- The Enlightened One, teaches to put an end to birth,
- To dispel all unpleasantness, I'm established in that truth.
- Beings, pursuing matter and those wishing immaterial states,
- Not understanding cessation, come back to be born."
4. Then Màra the evil one knew that he was recognized by Bhikkhuni Cala, and displeased, vanished from there.