Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
Candana, the son of the gods, standing on a side, said this stanza in the presence of the Blessed One:
- "How is the flood crossed, having become zealous day and night?
- Without standing or getting fixed, who does not sink in the deep?"
- "Always virtuous, wise and well concentrated,
- With aroused effort to dispel, thus the flood is crossed.
- Not attached to sensual perceptions, overcoming material perceptions,
- Destroying the interest to be, he does not sink in the deep."