Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. At the time, the Blessed One was living in Sàvatthi.
At that time Rahu the king of the Titans had taken hold of Chandima the son of gods and Chandima the son of gods recollecting the Blessed One said this stanza:
2. "I worship you enlightened hero, you are released in every way.
- I have fallen into trouble. Please rescue me
3. Then the Blessed One addressed Rahu the king of Titans saying this stanza:
- "Moon takes refuge in the Thus Gone Ones.
- Rahu, the Enlightened Ones have compassion, for all, the world, so release the moon."
4. Then Rahu the king of Titans released the moon and instantly approached the king of Titans, Vepacitti, shivering with hairs standing on end, and stood on a side. Vepacitti the king of Titans said this stanza to Rahu the king of Titans:
5. "Why did frightened Rahu release the moon
- Why do you stand here, as though frightened?"
6. "If I had not released the moon hearing the stanza asking me to do so.
- My head would split in seven and life would not be pleasant to me."