Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. The origin is in Sàvatthi.
2. King Pasenadi of Kosala approached the Blessed One, worshipped and sat on a side.
3. Then a certain person approached king Pasenadi of Kosala and whispered in his ear that queen Mallika gave birth to a daughter.
4. Hearing this, king Pasenadi of Kosala, became displeased.
5. The Blessed One knowing the reason for the displeasure of king Pasenadi of Kosala said these stanzas that moment.
- "Even if it's a woman, would be noble nourished by the king,
- Would be wise, virtuous, worship the mother-in-law and love her husband.
- Those born to her will be heroes and district leaders,
- The son of such a good wife might even be the advisor to kings."