Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
I heard thus. At one time a certain bhikkhu lived in a stretch of forest in the country of Kosala.
2. The bhikkhu, at that time, gone to his seclusion advised a leopard.
3. A deity living in that stretch of forest out of compassion, wishing to arouse remorse, approached him.
4. Having approached said these stanzas:
- "Bhikkhu, leopards living in the mountains are not wise and do not think
- It's not suitable to advise it, I think you are foolish.
- It listens but does not know, looks but does not see you
- The foolish do not know and you cannot seize them with righteousness.
- If in day light Kassapa is carried away, he will not see forms,
- And we will not see him."
5. Then venerable Kassapagotta made remorseful by the deity became concerned.