Management Team consists of many positions:
Chief Executive OfficerEdit
At the moment this position is held by Fah Sathirapongsasuti
Web Administrators creates and maintains webpages.
Customer Care responds to e-mail from users, observe users’ behavior, summarize, and propose a development plan to the CEO.
- Scripture Specialists
- Language Specialists
- Primary Languages: Pali-Sanskrit
- Secondary Languages: Thai (Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Japanese, Laos, Mongolian, Sinhalese, and Tibetan)
- Target Languages: English (French, German, Italian, etc.)
- Culture-History Specialists
These specialists can be recruited from two resources:
- Buddhist scholars in Buddhist Universities, Pali-Sanskrit schools, and Buddhist temples: This group can be reached through special connections with administrative figures in the institutions such as presidents and abbots. For instance:
- We have been in touch with the Director of Wat Bowonniwet Vihara Pariyatti School (Thailand’s oldest School of Buddhist Learning) for nine years, since one of our management team members was ordained under his supervision.
- We are a good friend of some Ph.D. students in Sanskrit at the Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University.
- We have a strong connection with the webmaster and the abbot of Dhammakaya Foundation, a large and affluent Buddhist institution.
- Active and knowledgeable Wikipitaka© members like you!
If Wikipitaka© gets so large that it cannot be administered by the standing management team alone, there must be sufficiently large number of members of members. The CEO, upon suggestion of Academic Committee, will communicate with some active members of the community and invite them to join the Academic Committee and/or Web Administrator team. They can serve in the course of one year or a quarter.
Joing the Team!Edit
If you wish to help out with maintaining the sites or looking over some sections of Wikipitaka, you are welcomed to! We invite you all to join us. Simply e-mail the Web Admin at fah @ cs.stanford.edu, we will get in touch with you shortly.