Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. I heard thus. At one time the Blessed One was living in the monastery offered by Anàthapiõóika in Jeta's grove in Sàvatthi.
2. Then Màra the evil one approached the Blessed One said this stanza in the presence of the Blessed One:
- "Man behaving in open space, whatever mental rambling you do,
- By that you will be waylaid. Recluse! You will not be released by me"
3. "Enticing forms, sounds, tastes, smells and touches
- I have no more interest for these. Go away! You are the ender."
4. Then Màra the evil one knew, the Blessed One has recognized me, became displeased and vanished from there.