Tipitaka >> Sutta Pitaka >> Samyutta Nikaya >> Manonivarana Sutta
Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
- "If someone restrains his mind when the need arises,
- By that, unpleasantness does not come to him.
- If his mind is always restrained,
- He is released from all unpleasantness."
- "If the mind is not restrained always,
- It has not reached the highest good.
- Whenever demerit rises,
- Then and there restrain the mind."
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.