Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. At one time the Blessed One was living among the Gijjha peaks.
2. At that time the Blessed One was seated in open space, in the dark and drops of rain were also falling,
3. Màra the evil one, intending to frighten the Blessed One, approached and split huge rocks not far away from the Blessed One
4. The Blessed One knowing it was Màra the evil one said this stanza to him:
- "Even if the complete Gijjha peak is moved
- Enlightened Ones rightfully released do not change."
5. Then Màra the evil one knew, "the Blessed One has recognized me," became displeased and vanished from there.