Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
I heard thus. Once the Blessed One was living in the peaked hall in the Great forest in Vesali.
2. When the night was waning illuminating the whole of the Great forest with an effulgent light, Kokanada Pajjuna's daughter approached the Blessed One, worshipped and stood on a side and said these stanzas in the presence of the Blessed One
3. "Living in the forests of Vesali, the foremost,
- Of those who have attained enlightenment.
- I, Kokanada Pajjunna's daughter worship you.
- I have heard that there was a Teaching,
- Realized by the wise one, in the past
- Now I know it by myself, sages say about the Well Gone One.
- They that blame the noble ones' Teaching, are foolish,
- Falling in the Roruwa hell, they suffer loss for a long time
- If someone endures the noble one's Teaching, patiently,
- He gives up his human body and enjoys a heavenly body."