Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. At one time venerable Anuruddha was living in the monastery offered by Anàthapiõóika in Jeta's grove in Sàvatthi.
2. At that time venerable Anuruddha having got up in the last watch of the night recited the Dhamma.
3. Then the mother of Piyaïkara to please her son said thus:
- "Piyankara, do not make a noise, the bhikkhu is reciting the Teaching.
- We too will know the Teaching and fall to the method of our welfare.
- Restrain from destroying life, do not tell lies with awareness,
- Training ourselves in these virtues, we will be released from the sphere of spirits.