From The Connected Discourses of the Buddha: A New Translation of the Samyutta Nikaya. VoI 1., by Bhikkhu Bodhi. 2000: Wisdom Publications. pg. 332.
At Savatthi in Jeta's Grove. Then Sakka, lord of the devas, approached the Blessed One, paid homage to him, stood to one side, and said to him: "Venerable sir, what is a delightful place?"
[The Blessed One:]
- "Shrines in parks and woodland shrines,
- Well-constructed lotus ponds:
- These are not worth a sixteenth part
- Of a delightful human being.
- "Whether in a village or forest,
- In a valley or on the plain---
- Wherever the arahants dwell
- Is truly a delightful place."