Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. I heard thus. At one time a certain bhikkhu lived in a stretch of forest in the country of Kosala.
2. Earlier that bhikkhu spent a lot of his time, reciting the Teaching, later he lived at ease becoming silent and diminishing.
3. Then a deity living in that stretch of forest not hearing his words approached that bhikkhu.
4. Hàving approached said these stanzas to that bhikkhu:
- "Bhikkhu, why do you not give the Teaching to the bhikkhus living with you?
- Hearing the Teaching you recite, we delight here and now."
- "Earlier I had an interest to recite, now that interest has faded
- I realized the fading of all seen, heard and experienced.
- And with that knowledge I became appeased."