Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. At one time the Blessed One was living on the Gijjha peak in Rajagaha.
2. Then the non-human by name Sakka approached the Blessed One and said this stanza:
- "Recluse, you live all bonds dispelled and well released.
- It is not suitable that such like you, should advise others"
3. "Sakka, in whatever manner an association arises
- That compassion of mind is not suitable for the wise
- With a pleasant mind, if others are advised, a bond does not arise,
- It's out of compassion and sympathy."