Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
1. The origin is Sàvatthi. Then bhikkhuni Sãsåpacàlà putting on robes in the morning and taking bowl and robes entered Sàvatthi for alms. Going the alms round and after the meal, she approached the dark forest and sat under a certain tree to spend the day in seclusion.
2. Then Màra the evil one desiring to frighten bhikkhuni Sãsåpacàlà approached her and said thus:
- "Bhikkhuni, whose heresy do you like?"
3. "Friend, I do not like anybody's heresy."
4. "On account of who, have you shaved your head?
- You look like a woman, gone forth.
- Does not like heresy,
- Why do you go about, as if deluded?"
5. "There are those who are pleased with other heresy and views.
- I am not pleased or clever in them.
- There is an enlightened, incomparable man, born to the Sakya clan
- He has conquered all, expelled death, has become victorious in all good.
- Released from all good, does not cling. That wise one knows everything.
- He has come to the end of all action, is released, destroying substratum.
- He is my blessed Teacher and I am pleased with his dispensation."
6. Then Màra the evil one knew that he was recognized by Bhikkhuni Sisupàcala, and displeased, vanished from there.