Translation by Bhikkhuni Uppalavanna
Subrahma, the son of the gods, standing on a side, said this stanza in the presence of the Blessed One:
- "Am, always frightened, my mind is always agitated,
- Whether anything has happened or not happened.
- If there is a not terrified state, tell me that."
- "Not other than by developing the enlightenment factors, and austerities,
- Not other than by the control of the mental faculties
- Not other than by giving up everything,
- A not terrified state for living things could be seen."
Saying that, the deity, vanished from there.